Do you think you might have gum disease? Visit the dentists at Clarmain Dental Centre in Burlington for gum disease assessment.
Gum disease is a common illness in Canadians. Your dentist is a partner in the battle against gum disease, known as gingivitis in early stages.
Gum disease can be a very serious disease as it can cause you to lose your teeth. Losing your teeth not only affects the aesthetics of your smile, but also the functionality.
Learn the facts about gum disease today:
- 7 out of 10 Canadians develop gum disease at some point in their lives
- Gum disease may not have any symptoms at first, but may develop symptoms later
- If you do have symptoms, they may be bleeding gums, swollen gums, receding gums or redness
- Despite your best oral health efforts, you may not be able to prevent gum disease
- Brushing and flossing can help prevent against gum disease
- Gum disease starts with plaque build up at the edge of your gums
- Your dentist and hygienist can help you manage your gum disease
- If your gum disease becomes more serious, your dentist may recommend a periodontist
- If you do not take care of your gum disease, you can lose a tooth or teeth
- Gum disease can be treated with laser therapy, or soft tissue management by a professional